18 April 2010

A volcanic eruption in Iceland has literally frozen all of Europe. The funny thing about it is that here - where you would expect there to be a lot of news coverage- there is literally nothing. I have to look at American newspaper websites to keep up to date with what is happening.

The eruption could not have come at a worse time - everyone's spring break has been effected in one way or another. My parent's trip has been canceled, and although I still hold out hope that they will somehow make it here this week I'm starting to think that it will not happen. I didn't realise how much I wanted/needed them to come until I woke up this morning and they were not here. It looks like Prague is not going to work out as well, and Dublin and Rome are still up in the air.

Unfortunately, the majority of my friends were able to get out of France before the eruption began to effect French airlines and so I'm stuck here by myself until next Tuesday (unless a miracle happens). I know it could be worse - let's face it Paris isn't the worse place to be stuck- but right now I really want nothing to do with Europe anymore.

On the plus side I will have a lot of time to do all of my homework for the next month.

I really wish things had worked out differently- I feel badly that my Mom won't be able to get her first passport stamp.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I have been watching the news on the t.v. closely hoping that there will be some change for your situation. Keep your chin up!

    The good news is that tomorrow is Tuesday, so that's something to look forward to.

    Max and I are thinking of you!

    Love,
    Ms. Howell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie!

    We miss you and are looking forward to seeing you at the end of May! We will have a big birthday celebration then with all the bells and whistles!

    I'm sorry we were not able to come this past week, but I know we will see you soon and have lots of fun down Cape Cod this summer to catch up on your travels and fun!

    Keep smiling and know that I am always here for you and just an e-mail or phone call away! Have fun on all of your journeys and escapades for the next 6 weeks! Mr. Watson and Matt and Amy say Hi too! Pearl, Duke, and Slug raise their paws for a wave to you! LOL!

    Love you,
    Auntie Anne!!! xoxoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything gets better for you - i've been thinking of you a lot every time i see the news.

    It may suck right now, but enjoy your remaining time there because you will miss it so much when you leave! I know it's hard some days to motivate yourself to get out and do things, but you'll regret it when youre back in the boring USA if you don't!

    besos <3

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Well, as you know our trip didn't work out the way we had planned - who would have thought that a volcano would be the reason! I'm glad you were able to go to Rome and I know that you will love Ireland. We will celebrate when you come home and you'll be with me when I finally get that passport stamp! I miss you a lot but, I want you to work hard, have fun and enjoy Europe - honestly, Norwood will not be as exciting so take advantage of your many opportunities. I'll spoil you rotten when you get home!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah,

    There was a major water main break in Massachusetts, so there is a state of Emergency
    for water. Norwood is one of the towns that
    has to boil all drinking water or buy bottled
    water. Mrs. Watson and I drove to Medfield,
    and stocked up! We had to make sure that all of the dogs have plenty to drink.

    Stay tuned...I'll keep you posted once we find out more. The question in everyone's mind is...
    Will there be school on Monday or will it be cancelled?

    We hope you continue to have a great time on your adventures. We think of you often.

    Love,

    Ms. Howell & Max :)

    ReplyDelete